The Will You Mary Me Poem

The Will You Mary Me Poem
I was sitting at my desk
Pondering what to say
"Lord, please give me inspiration!
"Earnestly I prayed
With a pad in the left hand
And a pen in the right
I was a man on a mission
Needing a poem for tonight
They say roses a red
And violets they are blue
No--that's a pansy beginning
And that will never do
The sun shining bright in the day
The moon glowing in the night
No--that won't work either
It just doesn't sound right
You can see my dilemma
A poem to construct
Feeling broken and defeated
I wanted to give up
Then it came to me
In a vision like a dream
A picture of the woman
God has prepared specially for me
I chuckled to myself
How could I've not seen
With five simple words
This poem is complete
(name), will you marry me?

Labels:

0 Responses to “The Will You Mary Me Poem”

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 

Blogroll

Previous Entries

Archives

Search